This is my seventh year teaching, and I don't know that I've ever gone home sick. Until today. It's weird. One day I'm feeling great, and the next I'm completely levelled. My most common malady is paralyzing headaches that bring on nausia. Dr. Lefebvre gave me a prescription for "hormone headaches", but they don't do anything for these whoppers. For these, I need . . . (drumroll, please) Dr. Halverson, my miracle-working chiropractor. She's amazing. I think we'll go broke with as often as I'm needing to see her lately (weekly), but Ryan says it's worth it if it helps. God love him.
This weekend was little Jackson's (my newest nephew) baptism. I can't believe how big he's gotten already! It was funny to see Eileen, who is showing much more than I am. I'm envious that she looks pregnant and not just fat like me. Eileen's a cute pregnant. Somehow I think I'm going to look like the house Mom says she was when she was pregnant with me. Regardless, I'm anxious to look pregnant!
My students continue to be really sweet about the pregnancy. I wouldn't expect it from sixth graders. One student's sister (a Junior and former student) sent a note congratulating me and saying that she hopes my baby is "as great a person" as I am. How nice is that? Another student brought me a "God's eye" that she made this weekend and said she thought I might like to put it in the baby's room. And people wonder how I can work with sixth graders . . .
Monday, October 02, 2006
What a Pain . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment