Thursday, October 19, 2006

We're having a . . .

Many of you know that we were anticipating an ultrasound today. Well, we just had our OB appointment, and we're having . . . an ultrasound in two weeks. Argh! It turns out we have to go to the hospital or the Buffalo clinic for the ultrasound, so it wasn't even an option today. We did, however, get to hear the heartbeat again, which helped me to trust that everything is okay in there. The first time Dr. Lefebvre found the heartbeat, it disappeared right away. He says we must have an active little one (the baby swam away from the monitor). Now if only I could feel all that movement! He did manage to lock in on a hearbeat of 145 beats per minute. Ryan says that a lower heart rate means it's a boy. That's been my feeling all along, so we'll see.

On a side note, I had to buy new underwear today -- not that you really wanted to know that. But the reason I mention it is because I think I bought the biggest underwear I've ever seen. Okay. That's not true. But I did buy the biggest underwear I hope to ever buy. Why can't it just be my belly that's growing?!?!

4 comments:

MC said...

You'll be so much more comfortable in the Granny panties. Not very attractive, but they do serve a purpose!

Unknown said...

My good-intentioned husband bought me some granny panties when I was pregnant... and they had this HUGE and TIGHT elastic waistband. Like, I think they were supposed to be "slimming" on a nonpregnant person. I had to wear them (we were on a trip and I was otherwise underpantsless) but I had to cut through that elastic just to pull 'em on. UGH!

Anonymous said...

since you couldn't have the ultrasound on that day I think it is a sign to just wait and find out when it gets here. :)

Anonymous said...

I did get a good laugh out of the underware comments, but that is just because I totally understand them. Just make sure no matter what underware you are wearing that you are comfortable because that is all that matters. You also don't want to be pulling them up or out all the time:)
I look forward to reading more.

Missy