Monday, October 09, 2006

50,000 Names

50,000 + 1 names in this book we looked through, and Ryan and I cannot agree on a single boy's name! I realize that we have several months before this decision needs to be made, but I really didn't anticipate this much difficulty. I'm pretty sure we'll just confuse a son because we'll both be calling him different names, so we'd better hope for a girl. That's not to say that we've selected a girl's name (we haven't); we just seem to agree on more names on that list.

Not much else is new on the fetus front. Last week I was pretty sure I felt movement -- or at least what people said movement would feel like. It felt like tiny little bubbles in my tummy. As soon as I felt it, they stopped, and they have yet to return. My books say that I may start to feel actual movement and even tiny kicks as early as this week. I can't wait for that to happen, but this seems awfully early! A parent of a student does day care for teachers and said that I need to get moving on the day care front pronto. She's already full for the fall. Ugh! So much to think about! We went to "Babies R Us" this weekend. I can't believe how much stuff there is for babies! How are we ever going to afford this?!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, why not Sandy we all know that is a good name since two of the uncles and one grandpa loved it, and it could work for a boy or girl.LOL

Anonymous said...

Well, the good news is that you don't have to afford everything by yourself! Take advantage of grandparents (and aunts and uncles)!! I know for sure that mom and dad will get you a pack n' play if that is something you'll want....that is what they've bought the rest of us. Also, don't forget that we'll throw you a baby shower as your due date approaches. I also agree that you may want to look for day care...it can be quite a pain in the butt! I can't wait to see you and my little niece or nephew belly!

Love ya!
Mandy

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Michelle Crandall. You should get the Baby Name Wizard book -- it's totally amazing and really it ought to help! It's different from all other baby name books, and even if you weren't naming a baby, it's very interesting.
Best wishes! I'm enjoying your blog.