I can't believe people. And not in the usual negative "I can't BELIEVE them" sense. I am just absolutely overwhelmed by the generosity of people lately. Now, don't get me wrong. I knew that I was surrounded with good people in my life, but man . . . when it rains, it pours!
Patti. For those of you who don't know Patti, she is my second cousin? Great cousin? How does that work? She's my mom's first cousin, so that's makes us cousins somehow. Anyway, without Patti, this blog wouldn't exist. And I don't mean because I wouldn't know how to blog . . . I mean because this baby may not exist. In the midst of her own struggle, Patti found the generosity to help another person, namely me. I don't know what else to say -- words will never be enough.
My parents. Despite living hours away, they managed to provide an incredible web of support throughout our whole battle with infertility. While Mom was more actively involved, Dad's input (often heard through Mom) was a constant affirmation. Mom? Well, anyone who knows me knows that she's pretty much my rock. That has certainly been the case through years of difficulty and treatment. And now? They're a constant source of advice, packages, and maternity clothes. I've always known that I was blessed, but how lucky will this child be to have them as grandparents?
Everyone who has been supplying me with maternity clothes. It's so funny. Ryan said I wouldn't have to buy maternity clothes, and I just laughed at him. How did he think I was going to get through this otherwise? Well, unbelievably generous people -- evidently that's how. Janet is a new teacher on our sixth grade team. She barely knows me. Yet, she brought me a huge tub of clothes. Kristi handed over everything she had, with books to boot. Oh, and the people Ryan works with? I'm pretty sure they're the most unbelievable people ever. I've had a constant stream of clothes arriving from them -- almost on a daily basis. I'm not exaggerating. Sarah, Lori, and Ann: I'm pretty sure I owe you all lunch. Or sweets. Or all the money I'm saving on clothes. I love you all.
There are so many more people that I appreciate, and I hope no one feels left out, but it's late, and I'm exhausted from parent-teacher conferences. I'm very blessed there as well -- I received countless congratulations from parents and was even told that one student is convinced that I should just set up a crib in my classroom and keep teaching instead of taking maternity leave. Sorry to gush -- I'm just feeling so very lucky tonight! Thanks to everyone for the support, love, and friendship!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Gratitude
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment