Monday, February 25, 2008

Tag, You're It!

We've known for some time that Mira has a fascination with tags. Stuffed animal sightings mean instantaneous thumb sucking and tag rubbing. What I did not realize, however, was how far this little love affair with tags went. Recently, Mira has been seen snuggling with dish towels, t-shirts, and bibs - anything and everything with a tag. I've tried substituting these items with her "taggie blankets" made specifically for such tag obsessions, but she instantly sniffs out the imposters.

This weekend, Mira started dazzling us with her new-found balancing skills. She's standing on her own for up to 30 seconds (or so) at a time. We're ridiculously impressed. Surely she must be the first child to ever achieve such skill, right?! I know, I know. I just can't believe how quickly she's growing up. It seems like just yesterday she stayed in the middle of the floor where I laid her to play.

I've come to the conclusion that my little girl takes after her father; she is a social butterfly. We recently had friends over for dinner, and Miss Mira hammed it up all night. This past weekend we spent some time with Ryan's relatives, and she went from person to person, happy as can be. Her daycare provider confirms my suspicions, reporting that Mira "talks" all day. In fact, when Dina tells the older boys at daycare to stop arguing, Mira shakes her hand at them and scolds them herself.

Finally, I'm afraid to say that we've already hit the tantrum stage. Anytime I remove Mira from anything remotely fun (read: dangerous and/or deemed illegal to Mira), she launches into full tantrum mode - arched back and all. The twos and threes should be great fun at our house!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I think I might have to return Mira's birthday gift and just get her some tags! Very cute picture!

Katie said...

Michelle that is the cutest picture of Mira. What a beautiful little girl. She looks like so much fun!