Saturday, February 02, 2008

Bumps in the Road


It's been a long three or four weeks. I've lost track, in fact. After Mira's ten day stint with the flu, she picked up a nasty cold that hung on for roughly two weeks. In addition, she now has her first official ear infection, which gained notice only after a rash covered her from head to toe. I'll spare you the diaper information, but suffice it to say that that hasn't been pretty either. We're ready for healthier days.
This picture is of Mira and Grandma, who were fortunate enough to spend the last two weeks together. I've said it a million times, but my mom is the single most amazing person I know. She came up to help me out while Ryan was in Denver for a week of training and stayed another entire week when I suddenly realized that Mira's daycare provider was on vacation. She rearranged her schedule and took better care of all of us than we could possibly imagine. Not only did she take amazing care of Mira every day -- she made every meal, washed every dish, did laundry, and tailored my clothes. She even froze homemade chocolate chip cookies in little balls so we could make them whenever we wanted. She went home this morning, and I find myself feeling slightly lost without her today. It makes me so sad that we live so far apart.
.
What's new with Mira? To my elation, she's regularly signing "milk" now. She clearly understands what it means as she gets overly dramatic when I use the sign too. It's so cool to know what she wants at least once or twice each day. She's still pulling up on anything and everything and has started walking around furniture a bit more lately. Earlier this week she pushed her high chair across the living room. I was sure it was going to get away from her and that she'd end up with black eyes, but she controlled it surprisingly well. My favorites new "tricks", however, are that she'll now wave when she hears "bye bye", will immitate me when I smack my lips or laugh, and frequently pulls me in for kisses (open-mouth and all).

This is my new favorite picture of Mira and Daddy. I look at Ryan's face and see Mira, and I love that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelly, you are too kind. It was my pleasure and good fortune to get to spend days alone with Mira--and time with you while Ryan was in Denver---and with Ryan when he came home! I'm glad I was available and able to help. Thanks for asking me!
Mom