Sunday, March 09, 2008

Daily Miracles

Mira's new favorite activity seems to be spreading her books across her bedroom floor. All of them. One book at a time. She continues reading to us daily, and the reading teacher in me couldn't be more excited. She has, evidently, now read all of her picture books and is moving on to Mommy's novels.


Along with her new standing and creeping skills, Mira has become quite the imitator. This one took a while, but she has officially mastered my fish face. Seriously. How cute is that?! In addition to funny faces, she has also managed to duplicate tongue clicking and blowing kisses. We worked and worked to try mastering "dada" in time for Daddy's birthday, but it just didn't happen. She does do the letter P now though, so maybe Ryan will graduate from Baba to Papa.
.
I don't know why I think the world at large needs to see this picture. I can't decide if it embodies the fact that I'm a good parent or a neglectful one. Yes, she's brushing her teeth. But yes, she's also sitting in the sink. She started on the counter but wanted in the sink. Who was I to argue?
.
Our little Mira has become quite the snuggler lately. As you can see, she's not overly discriminating. Her love of random household items with tags seems to be expanding into an appreciation of miscellaneous kitchen utensils as well.

The other night, the three of us were playing on the floor, and I found myself marveling at what a beautiful little girl Mira is becoming. I dreamt about what a child of mine would look like for so long, but never could I have imagined Mira.

1 comments:

Jess said...

I love the fish face! What a cutie pie! After we get back from vacation we'll have to get the girls together.