Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Such a Big Girl


I have started putting Mira in her high chair to play -- just so she gets used to it and isn't all freaked out when I try feeding her in it. She looks really happy about that, doesn't she?! Doesn't she look tiny? In reality, that's not the case. She's quite a big girl for her age. Yesterday we had to make a trek to Target for size three diapers after one too many blow-outs. She woke up soaked from head to toe, so I was stripping her bed by 7am. Not an hour later, she had another blow-out. Three outfits by 8am, and I'd had it! Today we'll be returning to Target for a jumper (the exerciser, not the outfit). Mira's new ability to roll over and her desire to sit up have hampered her interest in both the activity mat and the bouncy seat. Seeing as those were the only ways I got anything done, I'm in a mad hunt for replacements.
.
On the feeding front, Mira continues her distaste for the bottle. Her new trick is sucking her thumb while she eats from the bottle. I'm not sure how she does it, but she seems to manage. I attempted cereal again this morning, but I think I had better luck last time in the bouncy seat. I did hear a couple of swallows though so that's good, right? It'll happen in due time, I'm sure. Her doctor's appointment is next week, so we'll see what Dr. Mahoney has to say about it.
Mira recently made the trek to Grandma and Grandpa Behrens' again. Amazingly, she slept the entire way there and even did well on the return trip. Perhaps this traveling thing won't be so difficult after all. After spending an entire week with them, Mira fell quite in love with G'ma and G'pa. It was really tough to leave; it's amazing to see my parents in this new role. They're just amazing with her. Grandpa says he taught Mira to roll from her tummy to her back. I'm beginning to believe him because she did it in Wisconsin but has yet to repeat it at home in Minnesota.
.
Well, school starts in 22 days. This is crazy, but I can't wait! I am just not stay-at-home-mom material. I marvel at those who are. I don't know how they do it. As madly as I love Mira, I need to be back at school; I miss it so much. I'm sure that'll last all of a week, but for now it seems to be the case. Somehow I know that there will be many tears shed during my workshop days. At least I'll have an empty classroom for that, right?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky child to have an obsessive parent!
Lovya Tons!
Mom