This picture has nothing to do with Mothers' Day, but I just can't help myself. What a ham! Well, today was my first Mothers' Day, and I have to say -- I think I'm going to like this. In lieu of individual Mothers' and Fathers' Day gifts, Ryan and I decided to splurge on a Chariot bike trailer/jogger. It's pretty darn fancy! Mira sits in an "infant sling" -- it's like a suspended bouncy seat inside the trailer. I was kind of nervous about it, but it's actually really secure, and she seems to really like it. That was far from my best gift, however. Ryan wrote a letter Mira telling her how grateful she should be that I am her mother. It included a litany of reasons that Ryan is grateful for me. How beautiful! I was so touched. To top it off, he is currently napping on the couch with Mira. I have time to myself! Unbelievable! I hardly know what to do with myself.
Mira and I spent our first weekend alone this weekend. Ryan was up north for fishing opener (despite not even taking his fishing gear). It was exhausting not having any relief during her fussy jags, but we made it. The worst part of the weekend was finding 41 (yes, FORTY ONE) ticks on Ruby at midnight before Ryan left in the morning. Ruby is and eight pound Yorkie for those of you who don't know her. Yes, they were essentially dripping off her after a walk through he woods. The worst part of it was that she'd been in the house for four hours before we found the ticks. They were all over the house, I'm sure. I found three in Mira's room and three on our bed. Now rational or not, my phobia in life is ticks, so being left alone in tickville for the weekend was rather tramatic for me. As I said, however, we survived. We're just very glad to have Ryan home!
I have to tell you that I just logged on (much later than my original post) to mention that I have a new high point for my day. I'm sitting in the office listening to Ryan hum to Mira as he rocks her to sleep. I don't know that there's ever been anything more sweet in all my life. This moment -- this is what I've waited for. Life is good.
0 comments:
Post a Comment