Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Pre-Nap Tirade



I always try to post the nicer pictures of Mira, but today I thought I'd give you a glimpse into my afternoon. My cousin Jacki sent Mira the onesie she's wearing in these pictures; I don't know that she knew how dead-on she was! Each day, just before Mira falls asleep, she launches into the biggest scream-fest I've ever witnessed. It used to make me nervous. Now I just chuckle softly as I rock her. The funniest part of all this? Each time I tried to take a picture of Mira's scream-fest, she'd stop. What a ham.
Mira did something new today. She was lying on her "activity mat" under some chains of plastic links. Now usually she doesn't last real long with this. Today, however, she seemed more content and even reached for the links! I couldn't believe it. She hit the links over and over again. I realize, of course, that I made this a highly likely event by hanging the links directly above her and almost right in her face but still. Sheer genius, I tell you. The swing continues to be Mira's babysitter of choice. In fact, she'd often rather be in the swing than in Mommy's arms. That, my friends, is pure heartache. Only the first of many, my mom assures me. One more tidbit before I rush off to cuddle with this beautiful little girl: her most alert, most happy time of day? Roughly 5am. Those of you who know me well ought to appreciate that one.

0 comments: