Ga! That's Mira's new word. Okay, I realize it's not a word, but it's the only talking she does at this point. It's not very often that we hear these little "cooing" noises, but we sure love it when we do! The G sound is one she makes a lot. I wouldn't have expected that. Mira has also started to smile. Again, it's rare, but we sure do get excited when it happens.
Every new mother questions herself, right? I think I question everything that happens with this little girl. Is she supposed to have hellatious acne right now? I think I read somewhere that she'd have acne as she got rid of the hormones that are left over from me. Sorry, Mira. As it is, I just try not to take too many pictures. Horrible, I know. If she gets it over with now, does that mean that her teenage years will be pimple-free? Wouldn't that be nice?! Here's another thing I'm questioning . . . she eats like there's no tomorrow. I still have my double chin, so I'm not one to talk, but she's packing on some serious pounds. Is there a limit to what we should be feeding her? Her pediatrician says there's no such thing as gaining too much weight at this point, so I probably shouldn't be concerned. She really does eat a lot though. I wish there was a one month pediatrician appointment. Alas, we're on our own for another month. Sleeping: I thought we were doing so well. This week, however, Mira has gone on a sleep boycot. I don't understand it. I had a couple of rough nights there. She's been pretty clingy and crabby today. Hopefully that will change as I've got a wedding rehearsal and dinner to attend (with Ryan and Mira in tow). It could get ugly if Mira doesn't cooperate!
1 comments:
Hi Michelle!
Welcome to motherhood! I still question myself daily. You're normal.
Babies are so unpredictable, especially the first few months. If I could go back, I would *try* not to obsess over every little thing but I know that is easier said than done. Will you remind me of this in August?
I don't know much about the acne, but what you wrote sounds right. And the eating - my doctor always told me that babies self-regulate. So if they seem hungry and want to eat, let them eat. And there are these crazy growth spurts that really throw everything off! It's just not easy some days, but I know you will survive. :-)
I love the smiling photo; thanks for posting!
Post a Comment