We welcomed Mira Lillian into our lives on Tuesday, March 20th at 12:33 pm. Labor and delivery were far less tramatic than I anticipated. In truth, I couldn't believe how fast it all went. We were incredibly impressed with out whole experience; we had fantastic nurses and couldn't have been happier with Dr. Lefebvre, who was there start to finish. Mira weighed in at 8 pounds, 14 ounces. Thank God for epidurals!
Adjusting to life with a baby has been quite the adventure. Mira struggled to maintain her weight, losing just over ten percent of her birth weight in her first few days of life. It appeared that I wasn't producing enough milk for her, and after much debate, we decided to turn to formula. I am much less stressed now that I know she is getting what she needs. She, in turn, is a much more content baby. We heard a lot of screaming in those first few days. While she still seems to have her days and nights mixed up, I have managed to nab a few hours of sleep each night by sleeping on the couch with Mira on my chest. Although I am unbelievably tired and feel guilty that I don't get anything done all day, I absolutely adore the quiet time Mira and I spend together each day. She's started staying awake a bit more each day and spends much of that time staring at my face while I tell her all the great things we'll do together someday. Can you believe how lucky we are to have this little angel in our lives? I'm still pinching myself...
Monday, April 02, 2007
Our Beautiful Little MIRAcle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
...and thanks for the pictures! Glad things are settling down so you have time to keep us posted. :)
It's good to hear how well things went with labor and delivery and how much you are enjoying your little miracle. Every minute is precious...you will not regret spending that quiet time just as you are. Those hours will fly by and you'll cherish those moments and the memories you are making as mother and daughter.
~Shana
Post a Comment