We had another OB appointment today, and I managed to talk my way out of a cervical exam. I must admit that I was very pleased with myself. He guaranteed me one next week though. ISH. Rumor has it that a certain coworker of Ryan's says they don't hurt -- that they're only "uncomfortable". Let's just say that I'm very leary of Ann's perception of delivery now because THESE HURT! If epidurals came in cocktail form, I'd be begging for a "to go" cup to drink down on my way to the hospital. Anyway, as far as Baby Weber goes, all is well. She's still got a good, strong heartbeat and is moving enough for Dr. L to call her feisty. When he pushed around to see where she was, she pushed/kicked back. It was fun to finally learn which part of her body she's been torturing me with lately (her feet). I swear she's fully stretched out in there half the time. You can literally see the large bump sticking out of my side. I asked Dr. L if he would let me go past my due date or if he'd induce me before that. He said that since March 21st was our original due date, he wouldn't let me go past the 23rd but that he would give me the option of being induced any time after the 14th (our revised due date). Decisions, decisions. He told us to go home and consider the options. We're not doing so well with that. I'm ready. I want to meet this little girl. I'm also uncomfortable and sleep deprived (not that that will improve). Frankly, I vote to induce on the 16th so my family can be up here a couple of extra days. Ryan would rather I wait and go into labor naturally so I can work as long as possible. It's all dollars and cents with him at this point. I suppose we'll wait and see how I feel at next week's appointment and see what Doc has to say about the pros and cons of each option. I've heard that Pitocin provides for a nasty ride, so I'm not too excited about that. Really, that's the only thing that has me even considering waiting.
Oh, here's a funny from today. I was answering questions about the novel we're reading in class, and one of my students raises her hand. When called on, she says, "Mrs. Weber, why is your belly button so big?" After a good chuckle from the whole class, she continues. "Did you used to have an inny? Can I see it?" Seriously. Never a dull moment in the sixth grade. I guess I'll be wearing bandaids over my belly button from now on. Will they even contain it?!
Well, the Weber family (extended) has already welcomed the two other March babies into the family. Jessy (Ryan's cousin) and Jason welcomed Isabella Catherine on Feb. 28th, and Darren (Ryan's brother) and Eileen welcomed Tiffany Amanda on March 2nd. That makes four girls for Darren and Eileen. Paige, Leah, and Megan all seemed pretty excited to help out with baby Tiffany until they witnessed the changing of that first poopy diaper. Megan (4) literally ran to the wall shaking her head. She decided she's only going to help with the "good" diapers. All I know is that holding tiny Tiffany was entirely surreal. It's still unbelievable to me that the bumps and lumps coming from inside me are remotely related to a tiny little human being. How can that be?! Thus, the thought of being able to pick the date on which we meet her is very tempting!
Monday, March 05, 2007
To Induce or Not to Induce. That is the Question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment