Friday, March 16, 2007

One Stubborn Little Girl . . .

We had an appointment with our OB this morning to get my membranes stripped. Trust me -- it's just as pleasant as it sounds. Since I'm one centimeter dilated and "nicely thinned" (boy, I haven't heard THAT for a while!), Dr. Lefebvre thought that it wouldn't take much to send me into labor and that stripping the old membranes would do the trick. He anticipates that I'll go into labor sometime this weekend. We did, however, make a back-up plan. If the little one decides to stick it out, we will report to the hospital for induction at 7am on Tuesday. Let's hope that's not necessary. I'm just itching to meet her!

Today was my first day on maternity leave. I'm not good at this whole being home thing. I'm bored beyond belief. I did a bunch of cleaning and checked my e-mail at school far too many times. I realize this will change once the little one arrives and that I should probably just enjoy the peace and quiet, but, well, I'm not. My family (Mom, Dad, and Jason) will arrive shortly. Mom and Jason were only able to take three days off work which means they'll have to leave Tuesday. I really hope we don't have to resort to Tuesday's induction so they can actually meet this little bugger. I'd be really bummed if they had to leave before or just after she was born.

Well, this will probably be the last you hear until you all get that magical phone call or e-mail. Cross your fingers and hope that A) she arrives this weekend and B) my epidural works seamlessly!

0 comments: