Friday, November 03, 2006

We're Seeing Pink!

We finally had our long-awaited ultrasound today, and we are estatic to announce that we have a very cooperative little GIRL on the way. Let's just hope that level of cooperation continues after birth! The ultrasound was absolutely amazing. We couldn't believe how much we were able to see! Our little girl (okay, with 90% certainty) was opening and closing her hand and mouth and kicking and punching like a prize-fighter. You should see the size of her biceps! Seriously -- we have pictures to prove it! I guess I am getting enough protein after all! I'm just baffled at how she can be moving around so much without my feeling more. We were able to see her tiny little feet (just over an inch long) and could even count her little toes! Like I said, it was simply amazing! Ryan and I were grinning from ear to ear. I can't even tell you how much more "real" today made this whole experience. It's so much fun to refer to this little bump as "her" instead of "it"! This does take us back to the drawing board in terms of names. We both had a strong feeling that we were having a boy, so we were really focusing on boys' names. Figures! Anyone who talked to me today knows that I'm just overjoyed to be looking at the girls' names now! On a side note . . . Ryan left for hunting shortly after the ultrasound. What a silly -- sorry, brave man. And he didn't even take the credit cards away! What a mistake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wohoo!!! That is such wonderful news! I can't wait to meet my little niece! Congratulations!

MC said...

I'm so glad you shared. That is simply wonderful!

Katie said...

That is so exciting!! Thanks for sharing. I CAN'T WAIT to buy something "pink" for the baby shower.