Tuesday, November 21, 2006

"A Feisty One"

We had another OB appointment today, and Dr. Lefebvre has dubbed our little girl "a feisty one". I could have told you that much! Last night she even woke me up with all her gymnastics. Dr. L. struggled to keep the monitor on the heartbeat because she kept moving around and kicking so much (although he did get a heartbeat of 140). Apparently she's right on track with her growth. I'm 23 weeks tomorrow, and I'm measuring 23 centimeters, which is what is expected. Unfortunately I gained quite a chunk of weight this month. I guess that would explain the sudden belly button disappearance. All of my bloodwork came back normal, showing slim chances of any birth defects or abnormalities. Woo Hoo! We'll do the glucose test next month to test for gestational diabetes. Dr. Lefebvre apologized in advance for this upcoming appointment, so I'm not looking forward to it. I tried to name shop a little while waiting in the office -- plenty of baby pictures around. Unfortunately, we didn't find anything remarkable enough to stop our squabbling.

Thanksgiving is fast approaching. Any guesses as to what I'm thankful for?!

0 comments: