I hope that someday, as Eila looks back on this blog and notices the contrast between the number of posts I did after having Mira and those after having her, she will forgive me. I begin to wonder what I did with all my time when there was only one "Wee Weber". These days, I'm lucky to get one moment of spare Mommy time as little Eila seems to prefer napping in five minute intervals. This, I fear, does not leave much time for Blogging and the like. As a result, I'll offer a quick overview of life in the Weber household as of late.
Mira finally seems to be adjusting to life as a big sister in a new house. Her not-so-accidental accidents are a thing of the past, and bedtime has become less of a nightmare. She's even stopped hiding behind the couch when she's mad! Life is good. She loves being a big sister and tries to help as much as she can. We're still learning to cope with some sassiness, but I'm fairly ceratin that's a typical three-year-old thing. Recently, Grandma B watched Eila so Mira and Mommy could have a date day. At a quick stop at Kohl's, Mira was fascinated with the manequins. At one point, we had to pause our shopping so Mira could dance with one of them - for the entire song over the sound system. She held the manequin's hands and swayed like nobody's business. Oh, how I wish the video on my phone were higher quality! This little girl's imagination is in full swing as well. Nightly, we have phone conversations and visits from her (imaginary) friends Mia and Polly. I only wish she'd stop getting mad at us when we sit on them or forget to serve them dinner! One more thing: if you hear Mira sing, "Red Robinnnnn...", your expected response is, "Yummmm!" She's obsessed with that commercial!
Mira's favorite activity this summer has been blowing bubbles - sheer happiness in a bottle!
.
Eila has proven to be the more challenging Wee Weber, but I think we're over the hump. Her nightly screaming fits seem to have stopped, and we're falling into more of a routine. She is not, however, without her quirks. One day, I decided to venture to Kohl's to take advantage of my 30% off. As I pulled into the parking lot, I realized that I had forgotten the stroller. Knowing that Kohl's does not have regular carts, I returned all the way home for the stroller. When we got back to Kohl's, I shopped for five full minutes before Eila started screaming. This was not your average new baby scream. I'm quite certain is was louder and angrier than any I've ever heard. They always are when you're in public, right?! I quickly turned into the nearest fitting room and attempted to comfort the little one. It was immediately evident that the reason for her discomfort was a dirty diaper, so I used the bench in the largest fitting room as a changing table. I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say that we went through three diapers and all but one baby wipe. I hate to say it, but the make-shift changing table did not come out unscathed. Much to the delight of my fitting room neighbors, Eila screamed bloody murder throughout the entire ordeal. Let's all just pause for a moment to remember that awful new mommy moment when your child is screaming so loud that you begin to sweat. That was me. Right there in the middle of a Kohl's fitting room. Once I had her bum sufficiently cleaned up, I picked her up in an effort to comfort her. Yes, without a diaper. I'm not joking, here. She peed on me. On my white t-shirt. Right down the front. A lot. Now I pack a lot in my diaper bag - a change of clothes for both girls. What I do not pack, however, is a change of clothes for myself. You do remember that this was my second trip to Kohl's that day, right? I was NOT going home without taking advantage of my 30% off coupon (which, incidentally, expired that very day). So yes, I shopped in that very shirt. I'm not proud of it, but I did rack up some sweet savings.
2 comments:
Great pee story! I'm glad you got to do some shopping...hopefully you bought yourself a new shirt.
Good update Michelle. Well, sorry for the poop/pee part in Kohls :) Is it true to say you will someday look back & laugh at that shopping trip? :)
Post a Comment