Normally when I sit down to blog, I struggle to come up with events or little anecdotes that have happened since my last post. Such is not the case today (ah, the benefits of not blogging in a month and a half). In March, our "baby" turned two. I feel like I'm supposed to be sad about that - like I'm supposed to miss the baby stage or something, but I really don't. Granted, the "Terrible 2's" have already proven a challenge, but I think I'm enjoying Miss Mira's personality more than ever. She has these super charming moments when she'll stop what she's doing to give me a kiss (on the lips, the cheek, the shoulder...), and they absolutely melt my heart. I look at her and wonder where she got this sweet little personality.Mira randomly sings songs about Mama, Daddy, "Deedee" (baby), and "Bee" (Ruby), often ending with jazz hands and vibrato. She's quite the showman. Unfortunately, she's not one for duets, often shushing me as I try to accompany her. More often, however, she prefers to dance as I sing. Her current favorites are "Teapop" ("I'm a Little Teapot"), "Moon, Moon, Moon", and the "Hokey Pokey". I'm afraid "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" seems to have fallen by the wayside. Even better than our own singing (according to Mira) is dancing to music videos. Her favorites are "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings and "Chicken Fried" by the Zack Brown Band. She requests both of these by name and is very insistance that we all dance when they're on.
Mira has been a very lucky girl lately, garnering treats and gifts galore on account of her birthday and Easter. For her birthday, Grandma made her a butterfly cake just like the one she made when I turned five.

Mira also participated in her first Easter Egg Hunt, decorated Easter cookies, colored (and smashed) eggs, and helped all of the Behrens find their Easter baskets. She even helped Grandpa plant potatoes this year!

Mira has had a fascination with the alphabet for some time now. We have played with magnetic letters, watched "The Letter Factory" countless times, and we all go to sleep singing the tune of her "Fridge Phonics". Apparently all this play has paid off as Mira can now correctly identify every letter of the alphabet. In fact, one day at daycare, Adina asked a little boy to identify the letter M. When he said "W", Mira said, "No . . . M!"
3 comments:
Michelle- I think she could model! Just look at those last two pics - absolutely gorgeous.
Well we obviously need "The Letter Factory" at our house! I agree with MC, these pics are beautiful.
Those outdoor pics are amazzzing! You should submit them to a photo contest somewhere for sure :-)
Post a Comment