While she will always be my baby, Mira has blossomed into this beautiful little girl. Beautiful in the physical sense, of course - we've always thought she was beautiful. But she is developing this sparkling little personality with a sense of humor and sensitivity that amaze me. There are moments when my eyes well up with tears because I'm so proud of who she's becoming - like the morning I stubbed my toe, and she came running from across the house to kiss it. Or yesterday, when she brought a toy to a baby who was crying at the book store. These little moments make me feel like I must be doing something right.
In addition to her growing sense of empathy, Mira continues to learn and grow in other areas. Her puppy impersonation, for example, is stellar. Randomly, she'll decide that she is a puppy and crawl around the house with her tongue out, panting. Unfortunately, she has yet to learn that licking ("kissing") people's faces isn't socially acceptable.

"Puppy" rolling around on the floor
In addition to her letters and sounds, Mira can now name her colors - all except purple, for some reason. (Do I sense an intense dislike of the Vikings?!) Incidentally, green was the first color she identified. Numbers, however, seem to elude her. She can say "one, two, tee" but doesn't always get them in the right order. Recently, items have begun to be identified by their size. The biggest of anything is the "Daddy". The next biggest is the "Mama". The smallest, of course, is the "Baby" (or in Mira-speak, "Didi"). For example, a big train is a "Daddy Train", and a small tree is a "Didi Tree".
I've been saving the best for last, my friends! Mira and I have now spent three days of summer vacation together, and in those three days, Mira has only had one accident! I really expected more of a fuss when we hit potty training head-on, but she's handling it like a pro. She's been bare-bottomed all week, and the only accident she had was when I put undies on her. I have to admit that I'm nervous about how she'll do at daycare today as I'm guessing Adina won't want her running around outside in the buff. Hopefully we don't have to start all over tomorrow.
.
Mira also has a new bed - a toddler bed! It sits next to her crib, just waiting for that magical day when Mira decides to giver her a try. For now, she makes a wonderful bed for Mira's babies - and the ocassional trampoline. Ah, the joys of two!
2 comments:
I love your new background! Mira is beautiful inside and out! SInce you are doing so well with potty training...do you want to give Jackson a try? Ha ha.
Mira is the cutest lil puppy ever :-)
Isn't being a mommy just the best?!
Post a Comment