Friday, June 15, 2007

Miss Personality

Oh, does this girl have personality! I think we're going to be in trouble when she hits two and three. There's not very much "mellow" in her. She's either happy as a lark, smiling and babbling up a storm or screaming. Today's picture was taken when she woke up from her very first nap in the crib. I know. Horrible. She falls asleep in my arms, but the second I lay her down she's wide awake. What to do, what to do. If I want her to nap, I end up holding her. Today, I guess I tricked her into it though. She loves to dance, and today she fell sound asleep on my shoulder while we were dancing. When I laid her down, she only stayed awake for about ten seconds. Her nap only lasted half an hour, but that's about 25 minutes longer than any other nap in the crib has lasted, so I was estatic. Baby steps, right?

Mira's getting very grabby now. Her favorite handful, of course, is my hair. Yes, I have it in a pony tail, but she's very quick to find those little baby hairs at the base of my neck. Ouch! Her other favorite thing to grab is her pacifier. Unfortunately, the second she pulls it out of her mouth, she screams until I replace it. Repeat. Ad nauseum. I have a feeling the pacifier will soon become a thing of the past as a result. More fun "grabs" have been the links that hang from her activity center and toys placed in front of her. It's so much fun to watch her grow and change!

Other new feats include rolling onto her side and blowing lots and lots of bubbles. Although she's still not a fan of tummy time, I've discovered a way to trick her into it. I put her on my shins and roll onto my back -- kind of like we're playing airplane. She loves it, and her neck muscles get the workout they need. Whatever it takes, right?!

0 comments: