Evidently Miss Mira has decided that sleeping through the night (or even getting up only once per night) is very "last month". For the past week or so, she's been waking up three or four times a night. Those darn grabby hands I talked about last time seem to be the culprit. She knocks her pacifier out of her mouth, and when she realizes that it's gone, she screams like mad. I was told today that I need to start practicing the "ten minute rule" -- that I need to let her cry for ten minutes before attending to her. Anyone have any input on this? I've read not to let a baby cry for longer than five minutes until she's at least six months old. At this point, however, I'll pretty much try anything.
Today we had Mira's three month pictures taken. Both Ryan and I were very impressed with the photographer (Annie's Studio of Buffalo) and can't wait to see the proofs. They should arrive some time next week. Mira was very leary of the whole process at first but eventually warmed up and ended up being quite the ham. Hopefully the pictures turn out well. I'm sure it will be nearly impossible to avoid ordering a million dollar's worth. While we were there, Brenda (the photographer who is, incidentally, the owner of the studio but is not named Annie) used one of those "Bumbo" seats for some of the shots. I have to say . . . I had been skeptical of those things but did buy one at Target immediately after the session. Mira loves that thing, and I'm hopeful that it will help strengthen her neck muscles as tummy time is not her favorite. Speaking of the dreaded tummy time, I don't think I've shared my latest trick. If I kind of stand her up against my shins and then roll onto my back so she's laying on my shins (think "airplane"), she doesn't even realize she's on her tummy. It's great, despite the copious amounts of drool that end up on Mommy!
5 comments:
My sister thinks the "Bumbo" is the Greatest. With Dalton being so big, he didn't like tummy time either. The bumbo really helped him eith his neck and back strength. Sandy even bouth one for her daycare.
SW
RE: 1st comment - OKAY, I should really learn to proof read these things first before submitting them. I guess I can't spell.
Shelly
Can't wait to see those pictures.
I do agree with the 10 minute rule, I was told this by Zach baby doctor when he was little and doing the same thing at night,pulling out his pacifer. after two night no more crying.
Sandy
Zach still needs a pacifer that baby, when is that boy going to grow up?
Looks like the bumbo seat was a good investment, Mira looks like she is loving it! I might have to get one for the next baby.
Mandy
Post a Comment