This is such a dumb thing to say, but I think our little girl officially has a foot. Duh, I know. What I mean to say is that I think we actually felt her foot the other night. I couldn't count toes or anything (he, he), but I could feel a long, narrow "something", and it kept pushing on me. Then I swear to God she started playing with me. I'd push on (what I think was) her foot; she'd retract it and kick. Then she'd move it a little, and we'd start the cycle over. This happened for roughly three minutes. It was the single coolest thing that has happened to date. I find myself increasingly excited to meet her. I really think I will miss being pregnant, but I'm starting to think that I'll enjoy getting to know my daughter so much that I won't go into the depression I first anticipated. What a wonderous time this has been!
Nursery update: we officially have furniture! The bookcase (which I now realize to far too tall to also serve as a reading bench), the crib, and the glider are all set up. We're so in love with this room that Ryan and I find ourselves just sitting in there sometimes. The other night, Ryan said, "I never thought I could love this room so much." I couldn't agree more. Will we still feel this way when it stinks like dirty diapers?! We've also started readying (is that a word?) other areas in the house. We packed up the wine and martini glasses to make room for bottles, bibs, and other kitchen necessities, and I condensed my insane collection of lotions, hair goops, and facial "treatments" in lieu of baby thermometers, washclothes, and medicines. And no -- I'm still not nesting. Ryan on the other hand . . .
The movements of our little one are getting more and more pronounced. And uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure she'll be born wearing cleats. One of Ryan's cousins just delivered a very premature baby; she wasn't due until the end of March. It was incredible to look at the photos and realize that our little one is probably bigger than this baby who had already been born. It's still surreal to think that there's a real baby in this bump. I can't quite wrap my brain around it. It was odd to hear my mom say that my due date is exactly two months from yesterday. We have another ultrasound appointment tomorrow. Dr. Lefebvre said he wants to be sure there's enough amniotic fluid in there for her. Although that statement scares me and makes me question if I'm "big enough" (whatever that is), I'm excited at the chance to see her again. Here's hoping all is well!
Monday, January 22, 2007
We have a Foot, Folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Michelle - how exciting to read how your are relishing in every step of your pregnancy. Matt & Zac were born at 28 weeks (three weeks earlier than your little pumpkin) and you know them now - nearly twelve years later!
Your little girl is going to have/has an awesome Mommy!
Shana
Post a Comment