Monday, December 31, 2007

Mira's First Christmas

I'm a little sad that Christmas is over. Never again will we celebrate Mira's first Christmas. While she didn't understand much of what was happening around her, she certainly made the holidays more special for me. I get excited just thinking about all the holidays with her we have ahead of us.

.
One of the highlights of my Christmas was taking Mira sledding for the first time. I wish I could tell you that she loved it as much as we loved taking her, but that just wouldn't be true. She seemed less than pleased on our first excursion but humored us all the same. The next day we had a hefty snowfall, and everything was covered with tons of heavy, wet snow. Mira seemed to enjoy sledding much more that day and even stayed outside to watch our snowball fight and the construction of our Packers Snowfan.
It was fun to spend more time than usual with Mira this week. Ryan and I were amazed by how much she learned in such a short time. No longer satisfied with crawling, she has taken to pulling up on whatever suits her. This little development resulted in an immediate lowering of the crib matress and an urgency for baby-proofing at home. She has also started to mimic many of our actions - to the best of her ability. Regardless of what you say, if you nod your head in any direction, she'll vigorously nod "no". "Should Daddy get a four-wheeler, Mira? No? Should Mommy wash the dishes? No?" It comes in handy. Something else Mira has taken to is pushing just about anything around the house while making "putt-putt noises" (like she's driving a car). Her baby? Yep. Her stacking cups? Indeed. They've all been driven around Grandma and Grandpa's house.
.
We have now survived the long drive back home and are busy adjusting to parenthood without the help of Grandma and Grandpa once again. Those extra sets of eyes and hands sure came in handy! It's New Year's Eve, and I can't think of a better place to be than my own sofa, listening to my daughter sleep. Funny how things change.

0 comments: