Friday, October 05, 2007

Six Months?!

Really? It's been six months since I first met my daughter? Wow. Technically, it's been more like six and a half, but we had Mira's six month appointment last night, so I'm just coming to this realization. How is it possible that it feels like she's always been with us and like I've just met her at the same time? She's become such a big part of my life and my heart that it's impossible to remember what life was like before her. I just know that there was a whole lot of hurt over not having her and that all of that has magically been erased. Funny how much one little girl can do.

At last night's doctor appointment, we were told that Mira is the length and weight (20 lbs 1 oz)of an average ten month old. She obviously gets this from her dad as I was a "mini might" (according to mom) when I was little. She also seems to be getting dad's hair as she's got all kinds of random curls popping up. I hope they stay as I always wanted curls and hope to live vicariously through her. Ryan tried to get me in trouble with Dr. Mahoney by telling him that I give Mira chocolate ice cream on occassion. I know I probably shouldn't, but it's hard to resist her little chocolate-covered face and her wildly flapping arms! Besides, Dr. Mahoney said it was fine. I tried to retaliate by telling him (doc) that Ryan left Mira in her footy pajamas all day recently despite the fact that they went garage saling all afternoon. He got a high five. Men.

Some of you know that we've had day care woes lately. Mira has not been happy where she is. At first we thought is was an adjustment thing, but it hasn't improved. She doesn't even smile anymore while we're at Molly's. So this week has been filled with day care interviews. I find that process so stressful, but it felt good that we were doing something to remedy the situation for Mira. We finally selected a new provider and have heard nothing but good about her. She's actually the mother of two former students (who were fantastic kids). Dina is very calm, and her home (even with the day care kids in it) is really calm. I think that will be helpful for Mira as that's what our house is like. She starts with Dina on Monday, so we'll see how it goes. I've got my fingers and toes crossed.

1 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck with the new daycare! We should get together again soon for a playdate, how does the weekend of November 3rd or 10th look?