Mira has a new angel today. Sadly, our cousin Patti lost her battle with ALS this morning. I suppose we all knew this day would come. Nevertheless, it has proven difficult to swallow. Patti was directly involved in our IVF process, and we never felt like we could adequately express our gratitude. To put it mildly, on our list of blessings, we count Patti twice. Many of you know that daycare has been a stressor lately. Molly has been very flustered with Mira's incessant crying. When I picked Mira up today, however, Molly reported that Mira had had a terrific day -- only fussing when she needed something. What an incredible turnaround! Later this evening, I overheard Ryan talking to Mira. He was asking her about her day today and asked if she was more content today because Patti was with her. What a beautiful sentiment. I can't think of a better thought for my daughter -- that she has the most caring angel ever watching over her now.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear of your loss, Michelle.
I just so happened to see Patti's obituary in the paper before coming to your blog. My prayers are with you in your time of grief. However, like you said, she is still here and watching over all of you.
Mira is the living, breathing example of the generous and loving spirit of your cousin Patti. Take heart in the legacy she has left for you and your family.
Post a Comment