This morning I caught Mira playing with some hangers and her reflection in the mirror. She's quite the ham and loves to watch herself do just about anything.
Mira is walking more and more but is still pretty wobbly. She earned herself a new war wound last night, taking a nose dive into the corner of an end table. Why is it that they always manage to find the exact corner?
We've been lucky enough to have a few sunny days now, and Mira can't get enough of it. She spends every second she can on the deck. The problem? We eventually have to close the door to the deck. Mira instantly throws herself on her back, kicking and screaming. It's funny now, when she does this in private, but I shutter at the thought of her using this strategy in public. Being outside has, however, provided Mira with more practice using her sign language. We recently hung Mira's swing, and she promptly signs "more" whenever I stop pushing or when I stop pulling her in her wagon. I think we'll be spending a lot of time outside this summer!
Mira seems to have a newly developed hoarding problem. It's not enough to use one toothbrush; she wants to use two of hers and Mommy's. She can no longer just tote "baby" (her doll) around; she must also have her yellow blanket. It's not enough to play with one spoon; she wants six. And this morning she got mad when I only gave her two hangers and held onto the rest. Is this a developmental thing? She also continues to love putting things in and taking them out -- of anything. Luckily, this applies directly to putting her clothes in the laundry, which she now does daily. She's better at it than I am, actually.
1 comments:
Sounds like we aren't the only ones with a little girl in love with the outdoors. The big tears start rolling when it's time to go inside.
Post a Comment