.
Mira's daycare was closed for two days recently. Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa Behrens are newly retired and are willing to drive many hours just to spend time with our little angel. Mira was a bit excited by her first set of wheels (note picture number two) -- a gift from Grandma and Grandpa. She got loads of undivided attention, but I think Ryan and I made out the best on this deal. My parents cooked, did dishes, bathed Mira, and even washed laundry! Oh, and they apparently taught Mira to feed herself in their spare time. She still has to work pretty hard at it, but she can now actually get the food into her mouth, rather than just getting it stuck to her hand as she has done for a while now. Afterward, she usually celebrates by clapping for herself. How cute is that? Unfortunately, this self-feeding has caused problems with getting any real amount of food into the girl's stomach. After a bite or two, she decides that she's rather feed herself and promptly slaps the spoon right out of my hand. Food flies everywhere, and I reach for yet another baby wipe. I've discovered that she does better if we alternate spoonfuls of baby food or chopped up table food, sips of formula, and foods she can eat herself (Gerber puffs, cracker, etc). Needless to say, I've been late to school all week.
2 comments:
Look at all those curls! We have hair envy at our house. Although on the plus side, I never have to brush it! I like how Ruby is licking her chops in pic1, just waiting to get her toy back. Sounds like life is good, have fun with the new camera!
Jackson has that same set of wheels. His first steps were taken walking behind it. I'm sure it won't be long and Mira will be walking behind it as well...you'll need a stair gate soon(if you don't have one already).
Post a Comment