Ryan and I were lucky enough to make it to "Body Worlds" at the science museum before it was dismantled. Although we weren't blown away by the majority of the exhibit, we were pretty amazed by the fetal development display. It was fascinating to see the development of a fetus unfold before us. We even got to see embryos at various weeks. I couldn't believe that the eight week old embryo had complete fingers and toes! It was very educational; even though I've seen pictures, this brought everything to a whole new level of comprehension for me. There was a fetus at 24 weeks (I was 24 weeks along at that time), so it was like looking at our little girl! Somehow it helped me to identify with this little being so much more. I couldn't believe how complete she is already -- absolutely amazing! They also had a (plasticized) woman who was eight months pregnant. I'm not so sure this was a good thing for me to see because I've had horrible indigestion ever since I saw how scrunched her organs were! I'm sure it's just coincidental, but still!
I have a bone to pick with my wonderful OB. Now don't get me wrong. I really do like this man, but he told me that it was absolutely necessary that I get the flu shot. "But I've never even really had the flu", I assured him. Tough luck; evidently pregnant = flu shot. You know what's coming, right? Yep, I got the flu. I'm still getting over the achiness but am feeling much better and am back to school. I have to admit that I didn't mind the loss of appetite but am glad that our little girl is once again getting fed.
Oh, the navel update: last night Ryan was kind enough to point out that my adorable little "inny" is no more. Apparently, it's on it's way out. Literally. It seems to be in transition, actually. It can't quite make up its mind. Approximately half of it has popped out. It's very weird. And why I think everyone needs to know this I'm not quite sure, but it humors me, so bear with me. I'll keep you posted. =) On a similar note, this morning I discovered something interesting. My t-shirts no longer slide gracefully down my midsection. Nope. They stay poised right at the top of my belly -- like it's a nice little shelf or something. And it's now much more comfortable to just let my pants rest below "the bump". This leaves an often fully-exposed belly around the Weber household. Feel free to stop by. It's a nice little show.
One final note: Ryan has slapped the first coat of pink paint on the nursery walls! How exciting is that?! I'm not in panic mode yet, but this is all starting to feel a bit real. While I'm unbelievably excited to meet our daughter, I fear that I will miss being pregnant. I only hope that I am able to fill this little girl's childhood with as much fun and excitement as she has my last few months!
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Wo Baby! (Updates)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment